EmergingIssues

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Let the discussion continue

Monique presents an insightful response regarding the activities of Fethullah Gulen.  I agree with Monique 's comments referencing homeland security.  Gulen's website is so convincing that some of the information is alarming, and forces you to take notice.

1 comment:

  1. Although you might think, given a few of my comments, that I am in favor of the Harmony charter schools, I really am not. I feel that in this case, they are overtly biased (even the Harmony logo bears elements of the Turkish flag (a star on the "H" and a crescent on the "y"). Indeed, the Gulen movement is not attempting to be subversive... their objectives and alliances are clear. However, as long as parents have a choice to whether or not they want to send their children there, I have no issue.

    Once again, I realize there is a lot of controversy around Harmony's fiscal practices and nepotism, but even though these schools are publicly funded, I don't feel it is wrong to attempt to do business in ways that are uncommon (as long as they are legal). That said, I know the organization is under Federal investigation.

    ReplyDelete